Tuesday 2 June 2009

More work on the house...


Today we got the roof light fitted into the new roof. It will lighten up the landing which, until now has been really gloomy. We bought a heritage one so that it would be in keeping with the house. There was a big hole in the ceiling for a while but fortunately, the weather has been good so we didnt need to worry!



The one thing I'm looking forward to is to look up through this window at night and see the stars!

My brother checking on the window. As you can see from this photo, we have quite a bit of work to do upstairs. The wall at the end of the landing has been stripped to reveal the original oak beams.



I couldn't resist adding some more of the garden. It really is looking at its prettiest at the moment and in particular, the lupins have gone mad this year.








The foxgloves are looking good now too.


...and the geraniums

1 comment:

  1. Your flowers are gorgeous! Foxgloves are one of my favorites, but I wish they were perennials. My mother has been trying to grow lupines for many years. They grow but never bloom. Such is the life of a gardener--successes and failures!

    ReplyDelete