Sunday 28 June 2009

Nostalgia Time!

Back in the 1960's my grandparents lived in this house. They ran it as a dairy farm and retired in the 1980's. I often used to visit them and this is me standing on the front step in 1966.

When they died the house stood empty for a while so my brother and I decided to buy it off the family and renovate it. This is me now, standing in exactly the same place with my nephew, Rufus. The door was bricked up in the 1980's but you can see in the brickwork where it has been. The original concrete path still runs along the front of the house. It is my intention to put the door back and get the house back to its original layout.

9 comments:

  1. Oh! I LOVE it! So! What are you using the house as? Are you living in it? Will you rent it? Regardless, I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are living in the house at the moment, despite the fact that it looks like a building site inside! It is our intention to sell the house once the work is complete but having said that, I would like to live in the completed house for a while before selling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sandals and the blue socks. Your house is SO BEAUTIFUL - it ticks so many of my boxes. Will follow the progress with interest.

    Cal :>

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were a BABY DOLL in 1966!!

    Your nephew Rufus still is a baby doll!

    I LOVE every single thing you show us about this house. I want to see pictures of the whole and then every single nook and cranny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Won't it be hard to part with it, once you're finished?! I don't know if I could do it, what with it being in the family for so long. What a cutie pie you were, and I just think it's so amazing how you and your brother are going to restore it to all it's glory!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it will be very difficult to part with this house once it is finished, particularly as we are renovating it partly to our taste and I don't suppose I will ever find another house quite the same but unfortunately, I need the money so it has to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats wonderful, don't sell it!!!
    Thanks for visiting my blog, I love your blog also, and you have a new follower.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, thankyou for visiting my blog. I love your cottage and garden, very beautiful.
    Good luck with the rest of it and I will be checking on your progress in the future.
    Love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. My gosh, I don't think I could bare to part with such a lovely house! :-)

    ReplyDelete