Sunday 14 June 2009

Around and About the House

I walked around the house and garden today with my camera and just snapped away!
This old chest of drawers was left in the house when we moved in. I painted it, added some new handles and a mirror and now have a lovely dressing table.
This year I have gone for pink geraniums as I think they look quite good with the pale green leaves of the olive tree.




There are a lot of fledglings in the garden at the moment and the sparrows in particular, like to line up on the fence waiting to be fed.


I bought this rhododenron in a sale at Percy Throwers Garden Centre two years ago. It was really cheap in their sale but had no label and was not in flower so I really had no idea what colour it was so took a chance. This year is the first time it has flowered. It was worth waiting for.
My bed!

The washing!


I inherited this old plant pot off my grandmother.


I finally got around to painting another kitchen chair today.


I painted this green chair a couple of years ago and amazingly it matches my new Cath Kidston mixing bow.

5 comments:

  1. These are lovely, lovely glimpses into your world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I don't know where to start, everything is so lovely! I love your chairs, and the colors you painted them, and I wish I had a clothesline, but I'm afraid the birds would do their business on the clean clothes! Your garden is a real inspiration, so pretty and lots blooming at the same time. That is what I am trying to accomplish myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello Susie!
    No, I don't mind at all you dropping in to say hello! Lovely to meet you.

    You have a gorgeous home. Love all the colours you have been using.
    I adore Cath, but I found her wallpapers were a tad on the bright side, the wallpaper we found was from B&Q of all places! I could not believe it when I saw it, it was perfect, not what I'd expect of B&Q. It's called 'Arthouse Vintage Nicky Rose Wallapaper Pink' and at £16.98 a roll a fantastic price. Oh, and it is decent quality to use too.

    I have a mind like a sieve, but I will try to stop by from time to time. I like what I see here! :O)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sadie. I will look out for that paper in B&Q! It is certainly a good price compared to Cath K and L Ashley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl - - - it's been a week and a day since you've posted. I have TWO things to say about that:

    1) I hope you're ok.

    2) Don't think nobody noticed or missed you - - - I did on BOTH accounts!!!

    ReplyDelete